Argent for Exchange 9.5A-0907 introduces a utility to migrate definitions in Argent Exchange Monitor to Argent for Exchange.
Using this utility, customers can make a smoother transition from Argent Exchange Monitor to Argent for Exchange.
The executable for the Migration Tool for Argent Exchange Monitor resides in the Argent for Exchange folder and must be run from the command line as shown in the screenshot below:
The Migration Tool allows you to specify several options:
- 8.x Main Product – Specify the Argent Exchange Monitor Backup File (.XTB) to migrate.
- Argent Console – Specify the Argent Console Backup file (.XTB) to migrate.
- XT Main Engine – specify the hostname of the main Argent XT Server
- Skip Converting Shared Database – You can choose to not include the following shared definitions in the migration: Alerts, Macros, Automatic Report Distribution, Monitoring Groups, and Calendars
- Leave All Converted Relators In Test Mode – After conversion, all Relators moved into Argent for Exchange will be in ‘Test’ mode. You will need to put them into production (after testing, right?) manually if you leave this option checked.
Database Overwrite Options
- Never Overwrite – Duplicates of existing objects in Argent for Exchange will be discarded.
- Prompt – You will be asked how to handle each duplicate object found.
- Prompt Once For The Category – You will be asked how to handle duplicate objects by category, for example, Alert definitions.
- Prompt Only Once For The Whole Process – Once the migration starts, you will be asked how to handle duplicates (if found) during the migration.
- Always Overwrite – Existing duplicate definitions in Argent for Exchange will be overwritten.
Upon completion, the Migration Tool will display its log file. The log file shows the detail of every object migrated from Argent Exchange Monitor to Argent for Exchange.
Currently, the Migration Tool does not import third party settings including MAPI profiles specified in the Argent Exchange Monitor definitions. These settings will need to be migrated manually.
The Migration Tool only converts Backup Files (.XTB) not Export Files (.XRS) and only for Argent Console and Argent Exchange Monitor. Settings in other Argent XT products such as Argent Data Consolidator Event Log Rules and Relators need to be migrated manually.