How Do I Deploy Argent for SharePoint
A typical SharePoint farm consists of three parts:
- SharePoint Front-end server (you can have multiple front ends for larger deployments)
- Search/Indexing server
- SQL Back-end (all databases, no IIS)
For small environments, they can be installed all in one machine.
Argent for SharePoint has three groups of Rules:
- OS level generic rules such as Performance Rules and Service Rules
- WSS rules including SharePoint Configuration, SharePoint File System and SharePoint Site Rules.
- MOSS rules including MOSS Configuration and MOSS Search Rules.
Both WSS and MOSS rules require SharePoint assemblies to execute.
For small installations, Argent for SharePoint can be installed on the same machine as SharePoint server.
For larger installations, an Argent for SharePoint Monitoring Engine must be installed on the SharePoint Front-end server, while the main engine can be installed on a dedicated server.
The most important point here is that WSS and MOSS rules must be executed from an Argent for SharePoint Monitoring Engine that is installed on the SharePoint Front-end server.