How Does The Node Security Work?
The Node Security setting allows or prevents users from:
- Viewing events for a specific server/device in Argent Console (Events and Alerts) screen (A1A)
- Put Relator containing a specific server/device into production mode or test mode
The algorithm of calculating an object for Allow All, View-Only or Deny All is:
- If current user is a system administrator, use the mode Allow All
- Otherwise, go through each item in the list of Node Security Settings, the first Rule matches condition of current user and being about the same object or a Monitoring Group containing the object, use the Rule
- If none of the Rule applies, use the default node policy